AvaillabilityThe 'Product recommendations' block is being rolled out to accounts from 9th May 2018. In order to have access to this feature, please read the 'Requirements' section below.
|Using product recommendations|
|» Block settings|
|Testing product recommendations|
|How it works|
|More product recommendations|
Our product recommendation feature allows you to generate dynamic content for your emails and landing pages based on the best selling items in your online store.
Further product recommendation types and options are in development.
To use our best seller product recommendations, your account needs to have been migrated to our Google BigQuery infrastructure. Once that's done, you also need to be syncing the following data from your ecommerce store:
Learn more about Insight data and our Magento and Commerce Flow integrations »
Once these Insight data collections are present, and have data, then you'll be able to use the product recommendations block.
Once you're syncing your products and orders to us, you'll find the product recommendation block available in EasyEditor.
The block is labelled to match the name of your product catalogue. If you have multiple catalogues, then you'll see a block for each one.
Dragging a block into an email or landing page will give you a preview of the recommendation, with placeholders for images and text.
- You can change text styling in a single slot of your block and it will be replicated across all product slots
- You can't change text in the block preview; it's generated from your product catalogue
- Clicking anywhere on a product recommendation block will show its settings, layout, and button controls in the left-hand side panel
- Choose the number of recommendations that you'd like in your block (1 to 4)
- Type text into the 'Source' text field to apply analytics tagging to all product links in the block
- Choose your content stacking - either horizontal (image and text side-by-side) or vertical (image top with text below)
- The call-to-action button on a product can be styled, including its text, colour, alignment, padding, and width.
Once you've added a recommendation block to your email or landing page, you can use the normal preview feature to swap out your placeholder images and text with your real bestsellers.
When using the preview feature, there may be a delay of up to 15 seconds if we need to generate new bestsellers.
- Your bestsellers are refreshed immediately before a preview or when an email is due to be sent
- Bestsellers are calculated based on all time
More powerful and flexible product recommendations are in development right now. If you’re interested in being updated on our progress, please follow the feature on our roadmap.