Yes - this is recorded and stored in a contact's 'opt-in type' contact data field.
The 'opt-in type' contact data field can have one of the following values:
- Unknown - a default setting which indicates we don't know how the contact has been sourced
- Single - when the contact opted in, they weren't sent a confirmation email containing a link to be clicked
- Double - when the contact opted in, you sent them a confirmation email off your own back containing a link that they clicked (thus not verified by us)
- Verified double - when the contact opted in, a confirmation email was sent from our platform containing a link that they clicked (thus verified by us)
A few tips
As the 'opt-in type' is a contact data field, you might want to consider doing the following with it:
- Use dynamic content in a campaign to display a verified double opt-in link to only those contacts who aren't set as 'verified double'.
- Segment your contacts by opt-in type. For example, you might want to check how many of your contacts have a verified double opt-in type.
- Create programs that automate actions for each contact, depending upon that contact's opt-in type. For example, you might decide to send a campaign with a verified double opt-in link to all of your contacts who don't have a verified double opt-in type. If those contacts don't click the link within a certain timeframe, the program can be set up to remove them from your account.
Read more about verified double opt-in