There are many reasons as to why the member count will differ from the Marketing List in Dynamics to the number of contacts in a dotmailer address book. Listed below are some of the most common reasons.
You can have fewer contacts in a dotmailer address book if one of following conditions is true:
- The dotmailer data watchdog rejects a contact during synchronisation, that contact is not synchronised to dotmailer.
- A member does not have a value for the email address field in the CRM, that member is not synchonised to dotmailer
- A lead does not have a status of 'Open', that lead is not synchronised to dotmailer
- A member has the 'Do not bulk email' option checked, that member is not synchronised to dotmailer
- You have multiple members with the same email address in the marketing list, dotmailer adds only one contact per email address and the others are not synchronised to dotmailer.
If one member has the 'Do not bulk email' option checked and another does not, the member who does not have the option checked is synchronised to dotmailer.
You can have more contacts in a dotmailer address book if the following condition is true:
- If a contact in dotmailer is added to the suppression list for any reason, such as hard bouncing, that contact is removed from the address book. In this case, the same member in the marketing list is not removed from the marketing list, unless you have selected the option to 'Update do not bulk email for unsubscribers' in Settings > Email Accounts > EMAIL SETTINGS > Administration.