dotmailer's scheduled maintenance and upgrade for 11 April 2018 includes the following changes:
ConsentInsight is here
With the GDPR coming in at the end of May, being able to record and demonstrate contacts' consent to receive your marketing communications is going to be extremely important. Ahead of this, we've introduced changes within the platform that make use of our new ConsentInsight to ensure you're compliant.
Your contacts' consent information will get stored against them as ConsentInsight - a free Insight data collection (and it doesn't count towards your data storage limit), enabling you to demonstrate exactly what your contacts have consented to.
- map to consent fields when importing contacts in a file (including those uploads using our scheduled contact importer)
- add consent text when generating a signup form
- add consent text when creating a survey or form
- make use of our new API operations/methods to add and retrieve consent:
Read more about keeping track of contacts' consent in our blog.
New verified double opt-in settings
We've added a new section called 'Regulatory settings' under account settings where you can manage your verified double opt-in settings - one of which now allows you to enforce double opt-in for all signups, including bulk uploads.
'Pending contacts' tab
You can now view and delete contacts who haven't yet clicked the link in a confirmation email for verified double opt-in - and thus are in a pending state - by going to Contacts > Suppressed contacts > Pending contacts.
- We've made over 20 bug fixes and performance improvements