|Add a PayPal button|
|Setting your product or service details|
|» Changing the button settings|
|Testing your button|
You can add PayPal buttons to your campaigns to take your contacts directly through to the PayPal checkout.
You can specify the description, cost and other details for the product or service you're selling.
PayPal works with landing pages too
This article explains how to add PayPal payment options to your email campaigns, but everything here applies to landing pages, too.
In EasyEditor, find the PayPal block in the 'Build' menu and drag it into your campaign.
The default 'Buy Now' PayPal button will appear.
Click the PayPal button on your campaign, and the settings for the product will be shown. The product can contain any of the following:
- PayPal account email: Enter your business PayPal account email address. Learn more about business PayPal accounts.
- Product name: Enter the name or description of your product or service. This will be shown on the PayPal checkout page to your contact. If you wish, you can use personalisation markers (such as @FIRSTNAME@) in these fields.
- Product ID: Enter your SKU or another product identifier. You'll use this to marry up any PayPal payments to the correct product.
- Price: Set the currency and price of your product, net of any taxes.
- Tax rate: If you're required to charge tax on this product or service, enter the tax rate as a percentage.
- Shipping: If you want to charge an additional fee for shipping or delivery, enter the cost here. This will be charged in the same currency as your product. Taxes don't get added to shipping costs.
Click the PayPal button on your campaign, and then the Button option on the settings panel. You can change the following things:
- Button language: The default language is English, but you can choose from six other languages. This will change the 'Buy Now' or 'Pay Now' text on your button.
- Button text: You can choose to display 'Buy Now' or 'Pay Now' on your button. 'Buy Now' is generally used for products, and 'Pay Now' can be used for services or downloads.
- Alignment: You can change the horizontal alignment of your button here.
- Link name: You can add a link name for tracking purposes, just as you can for other links in a campaign, so that you can easily identify it when you’re viewing reporting.
Once you've created your button and set the product and button settings, you can test it in two ways:
- Quick test: To quickly confirm your button settings are correct, preview your campaign and click your button. This will take you to the PayPal checkout, on which you can confirm your details are as you'd expect.
- Full test: To confirm the button looks and behaves exactly as you expect, test send your campaign and click your PayPal button from your email client.