An action is the event that completes a Zap. For example, if you're sending a text message, each time you receive an email, the 'send text message' is the action.
The dotmailer Zap is launching with eight actions during the beta phase, which are explained below. However, we have plenty more planned, so watch this space.
This action allows you to send a selected campaign to a single recipient by email address. Optionally you can provide a date and time to schedule the send, otherwise it will be sent immediately.
Enrol contact in program
This action allows you to enrol a single contact into a selected program by email address. The program must be in an 'active' state for the enrolment to work successfully.
Create contact data field
This action allows you to create a contact data field to store contact data against.
- Firstly, you need to name the contact data field
- Secondly, you need to select the data type of the contact data field
- Lastly, and optionally, you can decide if the contact data field is public or private
Create or update contact
This action allows you to create a new contact or update an existing one. In addition to adding a new contact to the 'All contacts' address book, you're also able to select a specific address book from your account that you wish to add a new contact to.
- Firstly, you need to enter the email address of the contact
- Secondly, adding an email type is optional
- Thirdly, adding an opt-in type is optional
- Fourthly, selecting a specific address book to add the contact to is optional
- Lastly, adding data to existing contact data fields is optional
This action allows you to unsubscribe a contact from your account. The only field required is the contact's email address.
This action allows you to refresh a segment that already exists in your account. You just need to select the name of the segment you want to refresh.
Create address book
This action allows you to create a new address book in your account.
- Firstly you need to provide the new address book's name. This can't be an existing address book's name, including 'Test' or 'All contacts'.
- Secondly, and optionally, you can decide if the address book is public or private
Send transactional email
This action makes use of dotmailer's transactional email functionality. It allows you to send a transactional email, with the following variables:
- From address (required) - This is the custom from address from within your dotmailer account that you want the emails to be sent from. If a from address doesn't exist in your account, dotmailer will use your account's default from address.
- To address (required) - You can enter either a single address or multiple addresses that you wish to send the transactional email to.
- Subject (required) - This is the subject line of the transactional email you're sending.
- HTML content (required) - This is the content of the email you want to send. This field accepts full HTML, so you're able to make your emails look as amazing as you like.
- Plain text content (required) - If you're not planning on sending an HTML-based email using this action, then you can use this field to specify the plain text that you wish to send instead.
- Cc addresses (optional) - This allows you to specify any additional email addresses you want included on cc (multiple addresses allowed).
- Bcc addresses (optional) - This allows you to specify any additional email addresses you want included on bcc (multiple addresses allowed).