|Steps to enable review data syncing|
|List of synced review data|
The dotmailer for Magento connector provides the facility to map and synchronise customer reviews against contacts in dotmailer. This feature requires OrderInsight to be enabled on your dotmailer account. Speak with your account manager if you don't have this.
To do this, follow these steps:
1. Go to System > Configuration > DOTMAILER > Sync Settings.
2. Enable the Review Sync under the 'Sync' section.
3. Click Save Config in the top right. Magento will then confirm that the settings have been saved and the synchronisation will begin.
The review data that gets synced includes:
- id - The Magento database ID of the review
- customer_id - The customer ID the review is associated with
- email - The email address of the customer the review is associated with
- product_name - The name of the product the customer left a review for
- product_sku - The SKU of the product the customer left a review for
- review_date - The date/time the review was left
- website_name - The website the review was left on
- store_name - The store name the review was left on
- price_rating_score - The score the customer left for price
- value_rating_score - The score the customer left for value
- quality_rating_score - The score the customer left for quality
I have enabled the review sync but nothing is displaying in dotmailer. How come?
This could be for the following reasons:
- You do not have valid API credentials or saved details
- OrderInsight is not enabled on your account
- Cron is not running on your site
- The importer is currently processing other imports and hasn't got to the review import yet
Why is the review data marked as imported in Magento but not displaying in dotmailer?
Insight data can take several minutes to import and show in dotmailer, even after a sync is complete. You might want to ensure you don't already have review data imported with matching IDs, perhaps coming from a staging site, as this key must be unique.
Please comment underneath with any further questions you may have.
The above also applies for Magento 2.0, with the only difference being that 'Review Sync' is found by going to Stores > Configuration > DOTMAILER > Sync Settings > Sync.