|Steps to enable catalog data syncing|
|List of synced catalog data|
The dotmailer for Magento connector provides the facility to map and synchronise your product catalogue against your dotmailer account. This feature requires AccountInsight to be enabled on your dotmailer account. Speak with your account manager if you don't have this.
With AccountInsight enabled and your product catalogue mapped to your dotmailer account, you will be able to leverage account-scoped advanced personalisation within your emails.
In addition to the default data that we sync across (as explained below), we also offer a range of configurable options to allow you to customise the data and the format of the data which is sent to dotmailer. You can find out more about these options in 'Insight data - Settings'.
To do this, follow these steps:
1. Go to System > Configuration > DOTMAILER > Sync Settings.
2. Enable the Catalog Sync under the 'Sync' section.
3. Click Save Config in the top right. Magento will then confirm that the settings have been saved and the synchronisation will begin.
The catalog data that gets synced includes:
- id - The database ID of the product
- image_path - The image path of the default image for the product
- stock - The current stock levels of the product
- websites - The websites the product is currently available on
- name - The name of the product
- sku - The SKU of the product
- status - The current status of the product in Magento
- visibility - The current visibility status of the product
- price - The current price of the product
- special_price - The current special price set on the product
- categories - The current categories associated with the product
- url - The current URL the product can be viewed on
I have enabled the catalog sync but nothing is displaying in dotmailer. How come?
This could be for the following reasons:
- You do not have valid API credentials or saved details
- AccountInsight is not enabled on your account
- Cron is not running on your site
- The importer is currently processing other imports and hasn't got to the catalog import yet
Why is the catalog data marked as imported in Magento but not showing in dotmailer?
Insight data can take several minutes to be imported and show in dotmailer even after a sync is complete. Also ensure you dont already have catalog data imported with matching Id's perhaps from a staging site as this key must be unique.
Please comment underneath with any further questions you may have.
The above also applies for Magento 2.0, with the only difference being that 'Catalog Sync' is found by going to Stores > Configuration > DOTMAILER > Sync Settings > Sync.