ImportantChanging the address books you want your contacts to sync to after you've already synced contacts to dotmailer will reset all the contacts in Magento to re-sync to those new address books.
|Steps for mapping to your address books|
To do this, follow these steps:
- Access your dotmailer account and create the new address books required - one for customers, one for subscribers and one for guests
- Create new address books directly via System > Configuration > DOTMAILER > Sync Settings and clicking on Create Address Book. It will expand to display a field in which you enter the new address book's name. You can also select the visibility of the address book by choosing whether it's publicly viewable or private; making it 'public' will mean contacts will be able to join or unsubscribe from it. Once happy, click Create New Address Book and a confirmation message will appear at the top of the screen confirming the creation of the address book in your dotmailer account.
2. If you have followed the first option in the first step above, return to your Magento admin panel and go to System > Configuration > DOTMAILER > Sync Settings. Otherwise, if you followed the second option, you'll already be in the right place to move onto the third step.
3. At the top of the screen, under 'Address Book Mapping', you can use the dropdown lists to select the appropriate address book to map your customers, subscribers and guests to. The lists will include any new address book that you've created, either via dotmailer or the connector.
4. When satisfied with your mapping, select Save Config in the top right. Magento will then confirm that the settings have been saved and you will have successfully mapped to your dotmailer address books.
Contacts synced to your customer address book will all be registered customers of your Magento site that have a customer account. All contacts within this address book will have the additional contact data field information populated against them that you map in data mapping.
Contacts synced to your subscribers address book will all be subscribed contacts found in the default Magento Newsletter Subscribers table/report. We only sync the email address for these contacts. However, if you have subscribers who are also registered customers then they will have the additional contact data fields populated. When a subscriber on your website unsubscribes on your Magento site, then we remove them from this address book.
If you have the order sync enabled, it means that we will add the email address from an order placed by a guest who isn't a customer or a subscriber to your guests address book. We only sync the email address for these contacts. However, if you have guests who are also registered customers then they will have the additional contact data fields populated here.
Why don't I have any address books to select from in the dropdown?
You need to make sure you have saved and valid API credentials.
Please comment underneath with any further questions you may have.
The above also applied for Magento 2.0, with the only difference being that the 'Create Address Book' section is found by going to Stores > Configuration > DOTMAILER > Sync Settings.