|Steps to entering your API credentials|
To enable the dotmailer for Magento connector to communicate with your dotmailer account and allow data synchronisation, you will need to enter valid dotmailer API credentials.
To do this successfully, follow these steps:
1. Login to your dotmailer account and click on the person-and-cog icon located in the bottom left corner. A settings menu will appear; select Users and then select the API users tab to create a new API user.
2. Return to your Magento admin panel and select API Credentials in the left-hand menu, under DOTMAILER.
3. Enter the credentials (username and password) of the API user you just created.
Ensure you enter these correctly.
Once happy, click Save Config in the top right. A confirmation message will tell you that the credentials are valid and that the configuration has been saved.
Why are my API credentials showing as red and not working?
There are a couple of reasons why this could be happening:
1. You may not be entering the correct API credentials. Double-check the API credentials you're using are correct, and that you've entered them without a mistake. If, after double-checking, the problem persists despite the fact that you think you're using the correct details, we'd recommend deleting the API user and creating a new one just to make absolutely sure.
2. The API user may not be enabled within dotmailer. Ensure that the user is enabled before continuing.
After saving the API credentials, the 'Enabled' dropdown then displays as 'No' and the details aren't saved. Why is this?
Sometimes the Magento admin panel caches previous details and is unable to save new ones. It which case, it is worth opening the Magento admin panel in a new session/browser and trying again.
Please comment underneath with any further questions you may have.
The above also applies for Magento 2.0, with the only difference being that the API credentials settings page is found by going to Stores > Configuration > DOTMAILER > API Credentials.