The survey editor is where you build, style and configure your survey.
The top toolbars of the drag and drop editor displays familiar features.
Each of the Elements listed in the left-hand side panel of the editor can be dragged and dropped into any section to build your survey.
Select and drag the element you wish to use into the desired container within your survey; each container will be highlighted and the text 'Drop your item here' will appear when you drag your element over the area you wish to use. Once dropped, the element will be inserted below this line.
Click on 'Type question here' to create your question. When you are editing a particular element of your survey it will be highlighted. The top right corner will display a mini-toolbar allowing you to drag, duplicate or delete the element.
At the foot of the survey you have the ability to add pages. Click on + to add a new page, double click to rename the page, and click on the cross to the right to delete it. You can add up to a maximum of 30 pages to your survey. You can also use the following keyboard shortcuts – Ctrl and Insert to add a new page, Ctrl and , (comma) to move a page to the left, and Ctrl and . (full stop) to move a page to the right.
Next you'll want to configure the elements within your survey. In which case, move on to the following articles:
- Designing your survey - configuring text box, dropdown, multiple choice and checkbox elements
- Designing your survey - configuring an email address element
- Designing your survey - configuring a Likert scale element
- Designing your survey - configuring a date and time element
- Using hidden fields to include values from the query string
- Designing your survey - configuring layout elements
- Designing your survey - configuring the 'Submit', 'Save' and paging buttons