Triggered campaigns can be used in a variety of ways.
For example, when a contact joins an address book you can automatically send them a campaign to thank them for signing up. Alternatively, if a contact unsubscribes from an address book, you can trigger a campaign to be sent to them to try and get some feedback on why they're unsubscribing.
Triggered campaigns are also used to construct simple or more complex automated programs within the program builder. For instance, you can trigger campaigns based on a date field in your address book (such as your contact's birthday). Or perhaps, instead, you want to trigger a campaign based on an action, such as a contact clicking a link in your current email.
Regardless of how you wish to use your triggers, the campaign that's sent needs to be set up as a triggered type of campaign.
Creating your triggered campaign
You can create your triggered campaign in one of the following two ways:
- select Automation > Triggered campaign content and then click on Add new; your new campaign will be automatically set as triggered and there's no more you need to do.
You can verify this by going on to choosing your template and naming it, then clicking on Campaign settings (positioned in the top right of the campaign setup screen) and noting the 'Triggered' setting (as opposed to the usually default 'Standard').
- create a new campaign, either by selecting Campaigns > New campaign or by clicking on Campaigns and then clicking on Add new; after selecting your template and naming it, click on Campaign settings (positioned in the top right of the campaign setup screen), set the switch from 'Standard' to 'Triggered', click Close and then click Save or Save & continue.
Whichever way you choose to create it, doing this will set up a triggered type campaign and you won't be able to send it in the same way as a standard type campaign.
It's important to note that campaigns set as triggered aren't displayed on your list of campaigns under 'My campaigns'. Instead, all campaigns set with the 'Triggered' type are displayed by selecting Automation > Triggered campaign content from the navigation bar.
More on creating various types of automations and triggers
- Automated and triggered campaigns - an overview
- Getting started with the program builder
- Triggering a campaign when a contact joins an address book
- Triggering a campaign when a contact unsubscribes from an address book
- Triggering an automatic response whenever a contact replies to any campaign they've been sent
- Triggering an automatic response whenever a contact replies to a specific campaign they've been sent
- Using 'verified double opt-in'
- Resubscribing a contact to a campaign after they've been unsubscribed