Triggered campaigns can be used in a variety of ways. For example, when a contact joins an address book you can automatically send them a campaign to thank them for signing up. Alternatively, if a contact unsubscribes from an address book, you can trigger a campaign to be sent to them to try and get some feedback on why they are unsubscribing.
Triggered campaigns are also used to construct simple or more complex automated programs within the program builder. For instance, you can trigger campaigns based on a date field in your address book (such as your contact's birthday). Or perhaps you want to trigger a campaign based on an action such as a contact clicking a link in your current email.
Regardless of how you wish to use your triggers, the campaign which is sent needs to be set as a triggered campaign.
Creating your 'triggered' campaign
You can create your 'triggered' campaign in the following ways:
- select Automation > Triggered campaign content and then select Add new; your new campaign will now be automatically set as triggered - there's no more you need to do. You can verify this by choosing your template and naming it, then clicking on Campaign settings positioned in the top right of the campaign setup screen and noting the 'Triggered' setting (as opposed to the usually default 'Standard').
- create a new campaign, either by selecting Campaigns > New campaign or by clicking on Campaigns and then selecting Add new; click on Campaign settings positioned in the top right of the campaign setup screen, set the switch from 'Standard' to 'Triggered', click Close and then click Save or Save & continue.
Whichever way you choose to create it, your campaign type will now be set as triggered and you will not be able to send it in the same way as a standard campaign.
It is important to note that campaigns set as triggered will not be displayed on your list of campaigns under 'My Campaigns'. Instead, all campaigns set with a type of 'Triggered' are displayed by selecting Automation > Triggered campaign content from the navigation bar.
More on creating various types of automations and triggers
- Automated and triggered campaigns - an overview
- Getting started with the program builder
- Triggering a campaign when a contact joins an address book
- Triggering a campaign when a contact unsubscribes from an address book
- Triggering an automatic response whenever a contact replies to any campaign they've been sent
- Triggering an automatic response whenever a contact replies to a specific email campaign they've been sent
- Using 'double opt-in'
- Resubscribing a contact to a campaign after they have been unsubscribed