For each address book in your account, you can set up the following join actions that will be triggered when an individual contact joins it:
- Campaign join action
- Program join action
These actions allow you to automatically send contacts a welcome email or enrol them on a welcome program, which makes a great impression and allows you to engage with your new subscriber instantly.
- Before using these features, you need to have a 'triggered' campaign and/or a program, otherwise no options will be listed in the dropdowns
- A join action will be triggered only for single joins, for example via a signup form or preference centre
- A join action won't be triggered for single joins via a survey or form, or for bulk subscriptions, such as a contact import
Setting up a join action
- Create your address book, giving it a unique name and entering a description.
Remember – if it's a public address book, your contacts will see its name, so give it some thought!
- Go to Contacts > My contacts and click the Properties icon of the address book
- Optional: In the 'Campaign join action' dropdown, select a triggered campaign to send to contacts when they join the address book
- Optional: In the 'Program join action' dropdown, select a program to enrol contacts on when they join the address book
- Click Save
For more on automated and triggered campaigns, check out the following articles:
- Automated and triggered campaigns - an overview
- Getting started with the program builder
- Creating a 'triggered' campaign
- Triggering a campaign when a contact unsubscribes from an address book
- Triggering an automatic response whenever a contact replies to any campaign they've been sent
- Using 'verified double opt-in'
- Resubscribing a contact after they've been unsubscribed