You can set up triggered campaigns to automatically send to contacts based upon various actions - in this case when they join an address book. This allows you to send a welcome email to them, which makes a great impression and allows you to engage with your new subscriber instantly.
- Before using this function, you need to have already set up an appropriate 'triggered' campaign, otherwise no campaigns will be listed
- A join action email will only get sent for single joins, for example via a signup form or preference centre
- A join action email won't get sent for single joins via a survey or form, or for bulk subscriptions, such as a contact import
Steps to set up a join action trigger
- Create your address book in the normal manner, giving it a unique name and entering a description.
Remember – if it's a public address book, your contacts will see its name, so give it some thought!
- Go to your Contacts list and click on the Properties icon alongside the address book to edit its settings
- 'Join action' enables you to select a triggered campaign to be sent automatically whenever a new contact joins this address book.
Click on the 'Join action' dropdown list. A scrollable list will appear of all of the triggered campaigns that you’ve created in your account. This list is also searchable.
Alternatively, click on the Explore button to open the side panel and search for a triggered campaign within your folders (you can also preview your triggered campaigns via this option before selecting them).
Whichever method you use, simply select the appropriate campaign for someone joining the address book; this could be a triggered campaign you’ve created called ‘Welcome!’, for example.
- Once selected, click Save. This will ensure this campaign is automatically sent to every contact when they join the address book.
For more on automated and triggered campaigns, check out the following articles:
- Automated and triggered campaigns - an overview
- Getting started with the program builder
- Creating a 'triggered' campaign
- Triggering a campaign when a contact unsubscribes from an address book
- Triggering an automatic response whenever a contact replies to any campaign they've been sent
- Using 'verified double opt-in'
- Resubscribing a contact after they've been unsubscribed