Having created your campaign, and having got it exactly how you want it, you now need to select who'll receive it and when.
This is the fourth step of the campaign creation process, Contacts.
Who receives your campaign
Once you've created some of your own address books, you'll be able to use this page to choose who receives your campaign, as shown below.
For now, seeing as you're probably sending your very first campaign, choose Contacts in your test address book (this will include your own email address and any others that you've sent test sends to).
Address books and segments
- Address books are lists of email addresses (contacts).
- A segment is a list of contacts who meet particular criteria such as age, location or open/click activity on your campaigns.
Campaigns can be sent to one or more address books, and/or to one or more segments.
When your campaign is sent
You have three options to choose from when deciding when your campaign is sent:
- Immediately - your campaign is sent straightaway
- Scheduled - you set a date and time in the future for when your campaign gets sent
- Optimised - your campaign will start sending immediately, but we'll optimise the time of individual sends to maximise open rates based on your contacts' historical open behaviour, timing emails to reach inboxes when they're most likely to be read
For now, choose Immediately. If you do want to send scheduled campaigns, you may want to check that your account is set to the right time zone in the Account settings section.
You can also choose to ReMail the campaign. This will create a copy of the campaign and send it again a few days later to anyone not tracked as opening it. Leave this set to No for your first campaign.
Triggering followup campaigns
Once you've set up some triggered campaigns, you'll also be able to set up triggered campaigns based on contacts replying to the campaign.
Looks like you're almost ready to send...
Now your campaign is ready to go, it's time for one last review to make sure it's all set up just as you want it. Click on Save & continue to proceed to the 'Check and send your campaign' page.