|It's intuitive and powerful, so have a play|
|Uploading and inserting an image|
|Adding a link to a web page|
|Previewing and testing your campaign|
You've chosen a suitable template, and you've set up your campaign: you're now ready to create and edit your campaign content.
This is done using EasyEditor's drag-and-drop interface. Let's look at the basics.
You won't need too much guidance to get up and running with EasyEditor, as we hope you'll find it pretty intuitive to use.
To get a feel for it, try having a go at:
- Clicking a block and editing the text inside it
- Dragging in new blocks from the left-hand side panel
- Moving blocks around the campaign by clicking and dragging them by their header bar
As well as moving a block, you can also duplicate and delete it using the header bar controls.
To upload and insert an image, follow these steps:
- Click on Images in the side panel
- Click on Manage at the top of the 'Images' section to open the image manager
- Click on Add in the top right of the image manager to open a window and choose an image from your computer
- The chosen image will upload and appear in the image manager. Close the image manager.
- You'll see your added image is available in the side panel. Drag and drop it into your campaign.
Learn more about working with images in EasyEditor and managing images »
To insert a link to a web page, follow these steps:
- Mouse over a block and highlight the text that you want to turn into a link, or type new link text into the block and highlight that. Alternatively, you can just click in the block and add the link text later, in step 3.
- Click on Link in the toolbar to open the 'Add a link' window
- There are five things you can do. The first two are compulsory - enter the link text (if you didn't do so in step 1), and enter the link's URL. Optionally you can add any link groups you wish to, give the link a name for link tracking purposes, or set the link so it doesn't get tracked at all.
- Click Insert when happy with the settings and your link will be added to your campaign
We do have a few requirements for campaigns, such as you must include an unsubscribe link. You won't be able to save the campaign if you've deleted this.
Once your campaign has content in it, you can start to use the review and test features in EasyEditor.
Click on Preview at the top of EasyEditor (above the toolbar) to see what the campaign will look like without all the markings.
The preview tool provides various options with which to review your content, including tablet and phone views, as well as desktop (the availability of these views depends upon the browser you're using, however).
Perform a test send by clicking on Test send, which is also positioned along the top of EasyEditor, next to 'Preview'.
The 'Test send' window will open and you'll be prompted to choose an email address (or to add one) to send the test to.
After reviewing, testing and refining your campaign, you're ready to move on to creating a plain text version by clicking on Save & continue.
Doing more with EasyEditor
There's a lot more you can do with EasyEditor. Check out our articles for help with:
- Working with building blocks
- Working with text
- Working with images
- Managing images
- Adding video thumbnails to your campaign
- Resizing building blocks
- Adding columns and spacers to your campaign
- Adding buttons to your campaign
- Resizing your template or campaign
- Changing colours in your campaign
- Inserting borders, padding and dividing lines into your campaign
- Adding links to your campaign
- Adding social sharing and social links to your campaign
- Personalising your campaign
- Adding RSS feeds to your campaign
- Using dynamic content in your campaign
- Previewing your campaign
- Reviewing your campaign's design
- Editing your campaign's HTML
- Adding PayPal payment options to your campaign
- Working with external dynamic content
- EasyEditor markup: supporting mobile optimisation