EasyEditor provides you with two options for changing colours in your campaign:
- change the background colours of individual blocks or of the whole campaign
- colour theme your entire campaign using our colour theme tool; particularly useful, for instance, if a new company logo has been designed with new colours and you need your campaign to match it quickly - but you're not a designer!
Changing background colours
You can change the background colour of an EasyEditor block, or of the whole campaign.
To choose a block:
- Click on the block you want to change
- Go to the Styles tab and make sure you're in the Background section of the side panel
The dropdown (shown in the image above, selected as 'Table') allows you to choose which background layer you want to style. When you change the selection in the dropdown, the selected background layer in EasyEditor will change.
Alternatively, you can select the area within the campaign itself and the dropdown selection will change accordingly.
There are a number of ways to choose a colour:
- enter HEX colour codes
- select from the 'Colour picker', using the slider to adjust the brightness
- if applicable, select from colours already used in your campaign (under 'Colours in this campaign'), and from colours that you have saved for future use (under 'My colours').
A chosen colour can be saved under 'My colours' by clicking on Save colour. A maximum amount of 50 colours can be stored.
Any background colour changes you make to your campaign will take place as soon as you select the colour. Remember that you can always click on the Undo button or use CTRL+z to revert a change.
If you want to change the colour of multiple blocks in one go, you can check the 'Change all matching colours' box. All blocks with the same background colour as the block selected will also change.
If you want a block to have the same colour as its background, rather than colouring them both in, make the inner one transparent by clicking on the transparency icon.
Removing colours from 'My colours'
Remove colours from your 'My colours' swatch by clicking on [Manage].
The 'Manage colours' window will open and you can select the unwanted colour or colours, followed by clicking on Remove selected. This is useful when too many saved colours begin cluttering up your swatch.
Colour theme your campaign
To colour theme your entire campaign, select Colour theme from the accordion menu.
By default, it will be in 'auto' mode. This means you can pick a colour from the colour picker (or enter a HEX colour code), start moving the brightness slider and immediately you'll see your entire campaign intelligently coordinate its colour theme across the board.
However, you can click Manual to isolate colours that are used in the campaign by selecting them below the colour picker. You're then able to solely change the colour and brightness of the areas that use that colour.
Furthermore, the colour theme tool is intelligent enough to realise that a font colour needs to be changed appropriately so that text remains visible whilst you theme.
Saving colours and managing colours works in exactly the same way as with background colours.