|Editing your details|
|Managing your account settings|
|» Customer service address|
|» Security - Two-factor authentication|
|» Google Analytics|
You have a number of account settings and options with which to manage your account. This includes changing and editing your account's details, preferences and features, setting up managed users, restricting managed users' access, etc. The settings menu appears when mousing over the person-and-cog icon positioned in the top right corner of the screen.
Please note that some options on this menu will not be available to managed users.
Click on the Change password link at the head of the menu if you wish to change your password.
At the head of the menu, click on the Edit details link in order to edit your own details in the 'My details' section.
Here you can update your name and contact number.
If you wish to change your email address, you will need to contact our support team.
Remember to click Save at the foot of this page in order to commit any changes you've made.
Select Account from the top of the settings menu and then select the Account settings tab.
In this tab you can set localisation preferences, your customer service address (useful for automatic insertion into campaigns using the $SENDERADDRESS$ placeholder), feature enablement, increase security with two-factor authentication, and authorise Google Analytics.
Each account can be set to display content in a specific language and time zone, plus default encoding can be changed.
Currently the following languages are fully supported:
- English (United Kingdom)
- English (United States)
Other languages - French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Latin American Spanish - are currently available for testing only, and as such are not fully supported across the whole application.
The account time will update to use the daylight saving time of the selected time zone.
Default encoding may need to be adjusted if you want to create emails in multiple languages and alphabets.
You can include an automatic customer service address in your emails. Enter an address here and any instance of $SENDERADDRESS$ in your campaigns will be replaced with this address (you can add this to campaigns easily by clicking on Data fields from EasyEditor's toolbar and then selecting 'Sender address' from the side panel that appears).
This is especially useful if you are based in the US, or are sending into US inboxes, and thus are required to comply with CAN-SPAM regulations. In this respect, having a clearly visible postal address for recipients to reply to is a legal necessity within your campaign and as such this marker should be included in your campaigns.
Under this section, you'll find a number of features you can enable by checking the appropriate box.
There are permanent features, whilst there will also be varying beta features listed here. When beta features are released with a standard upgrade of the application, they will become available for enablement in this section. They will remain here until the next major quarterly release of the application, at which point they will become fully released features and will be removed.
The permanent features that can be enabled and disabled are:
- Show the preference centre when a contact unsubscribes - The preference centre allows contacts to adjust their personal information, or opt in and out of address books, when they go to unsubscribe. Not having this enabled will just show the basic 'opt me out' button instead.
- Include attachments in forwarded replies - In order to protect you from any potential threats, when campaign replies are forwarded with attachments they are, by default, removed (they are accessible to download through the user interface). However, you can allow them by checking this.
- Enable double opt-in on my list signups - This will enable default double opt-in for recipients subscribing via a signup form. They will be sent a triggered confirmation email following their signup which requires them to click a link to verify their opt-in. Enabling this is recommended and is best email marketing practice.
- Enable send throttling - If you want to spread the sending of a large campaign over a longer period of time, rather than send at our default 'large send' speed, check Enable Send Throttling.
- Enable lead scoring - Lead scoring allows contacts to be scored based on their engagement and the data you hold on them. When enabled, a 'Lead scoring' option will be available to all your users in the 'Contacts' menu.
- Display account time in header - This will display a clock for your time zone in the top left hand corner of the application header. This is useful if you have managed users in a different time zone to you, as the same clock will display for them too and everyone will be able to see and reference the time as set in your main account.
Under the 'Security' section you can secure your account with two-factor authentication by checking the box.
You can also enable and authorise a connection to your Google Analytics data so it can be pulled into your campaign reporting when tracking links with it. This means you don't have to simultaneously have Google Analytics open alongside our reporting.
Don't forget to click Save settings after changing anything in the 'Account settings' tab, otherwise your changes won't get applied.