The system automatically translates your 'Unsubscribe' page (or 'Amend your settings' page if you have the preference centre enabled) and 'Forward to a friend' page into 20 different languages, depending on the individual recipient's language settings on their PC.
The list of languages available so far includes:
- Latin American Spanish
- Simplified Chinese
Try it out
To test this function, you can easily change the language settings in your browser.
The instructions below apply to Chrome but you'll find other browsers can be changed along similar lines:
- Click on the three vertical dots in the far top right corner of your browser (where it says 'Customize and control Google Chrome' when mousing over it)
- Click on Settings from the menu
- The 'Settings' tab will open. Click on Show advanced settings...
- Scroll down to the 'Languages' section and click on Language and input settings...
- The 'Languages' window will open. Click on Add.
- The 'Add language' selector will open. Choose an appropriate language to test from the dropdown and click OK.
- Click on Display Google Chrome in this language and then click Done.
You'll then be instructed to close all Chrome windows and relaunch Chrome for the change to take effect.
Preview your campaign and click on the Unsubscribe and Forward to a friend/Forward this email links to see the page displayed in the language you selected.
Here's an example of the 'Unsubscribe' page in French.
And this is the 'Forward to a friend' page in German.
Once you've finished your testing, make sure you change your browser language settings back to the original default. Do this by going to the same browser settings area as before, but this time ensure your preferred language is reset as the one your browser's displayed in (don't be thrown though, as you'll need to negotiate this in the previous language you just added!). After doing so, you'll again need to close and then relaunch the browser for the change to take effect.