If you want to give your contacts the choice about which specific type of campaigns they can unsubscribe from, then you'll be interested in creating a customised unsubscribe form.
A customised unsubscribe form allows you to better manage which email communications your recipients receive. They might wish to unsubscribe from receiving one particular newsletter that isn't of interest to them but still want to receive other information about your products and services.
Creating the form
To create a custom unsubscribe form, go to Contacts > Signup forms and you'll come to this screen.
Follow these steps:
- Select the option Single address book removal from the 'Form mode' section of the screen.
- Select the address book or books from under 'Address books' that you're happy for contacts to be able to unsubscribe themselves from.
- Move down to the 'Return page' section. Enter the URL of the webpage you'd like the recipient to be taken to after they've submitted their request (this could be a survey, if you wish, to ask why they're unsubscribing).
- Click on the Create form button. A window will appear underneath with the code for the webform. Use your scrollbar to move down the screen.
- Cut and paste this code to give to your web developer for inclusion on your website. An easy way to do this is to highlight the code, right click and select Copy, open a basic editor, such as Notepad, and simply paste the code in.
- Finally, place a link in your campaigns that go will through to your webpage that displays this customised unsubscribe form. In addition to this, you'll also have the required standard unsubscribe link if you've chosen one of our free templates. If you want the standard link turned off, you'll need to speak to your account manager about it.
Good to knowYou could use this function in conjunction with a triggered campaign. When a contact unsubscribes from a particular address book using this webform, you can ensure a campaign gets automatically sent to them, perhaps to collect feedback on why they're unsubscribing from it. This can be done by editing the settings of an address book to include an 'unsubscribe action'.