If you have your own triggered campaign set up, then you can send it to contacts who are already in your address books and who don't have a verified double opt-in type.
Using verified double opt-in in this scenario will help you be sure that a contact wants to receive your email, and will provide you with proof that they do. It's also best subscription practice in email marketing for these very reasons, guarding against possible subscription abuse.
Editing your triggered campaign for use as a confirmation email
You might want to edit the wording of the campaign if you're sending it to contacts who didn't subscribe to your address book through a signup form on your website.
External dynamic content and advanced personalisation can't be used in triggered campaigns for confirmation emails.
Setting your contacts opt-in type to verified double
1. Go to Contacts and select an address book
2. Click the 'Edit' icon in the row of the contact who's opt-in type you want to change
3. Mouse over the 'Opt-in type' tile and click on the link to open the 'Edit' side panel
4. Under 'Opt-in type', click on the link to open the 'Opt-in type' panel
5. Select 'Verified double' and click Apply
7. Read the message in the side panel that appears, and click Save and send email.
What happens next?
The confirmation email automatically gets sent to the contact. As explained above, they'll be temporarily removed from the address book until they've clicked on the confirmation link.
After a contact has clicked the confirmation link, that contact will be added back to the address book and their opt-in type will be updated to 'Verified double'.
To view the date that a contact's opt-in type became verified double, click the link in the 'Verified double' tile. The date is displayed under 'Opt-in type'.
The verified double date displays 'date unknown' for contacts who had a verified double opt-in type before 14 February 2018.
Note: The 'Last send' date becomes the date that the confirmation email was sent.
Both the 'Last open' date and the 'Last subscribed' date do not change.