Scheduled maintenance and upgrade for dotmailer on 10th December 2014 includes the following upgrades and changes:
Program builder enhancements (beta)
There are a number of very helpful program builder enhancements and improvements, the majority of which are being released as beta features (they will need to be enabled in 'Account settings' by the main account holder by ticking 'Enable program beta features'):
Add contact to address book(s) (beta)
Use 'Subscription' to add contacts to an address book based upon a program action. This is extremely useful at the end of a welcome series, to then add a contact to your regular newsletter series address book.
Remove contact from address book(s) (beta)
Use 'Subscription' to remove contacts from an address book based upon a program action. For example, as a contact approaches a renewal period, you can remove them from your regular newsletter series address book and send them targeted renewal-focused emails.
Date split (to have contacts go down different routes before/after a particular date and time) (beta)
Use 'Date split' to create a split in a program based on date and time. This is ideal for use before/after the closing date for a sale, or before/after the last booking date for an event such as a seminar, conference or trade show.
Random split (send contacts down different branches with a given probability) (beta)
Use 'Random split' to create a random split in a program. For instance, let's say you have a good working welcome program containing three campaigns, but want to test out a new program that has five campaigns. Now you can create a split in the program and send 5% of the contacts down the new branch (with the five campaigns) and evaluate the performance of the two halves to see if it’s worth changing to the new one.
Wait until a calculated date (beta)
Use an additional option in the 'Delay' node to, for example, "Wait until 90 days before BOOKINGDATE” or “Wait until 7 days before the anniversary of DATEOFBIRTH”.
Changes to the 'Delay' interface (beta)
With one more option now added (see above), it was starting to get a little cluttered in the 'Delay' side panel; so we’ve streamlined it and you can reveal 'More options' in order to see the things which have disappeared from immediate view (e.g. 'Wait until a set day/days of the week').
Other minor changes to the program builder
- You are now only warned about approaching the limit to the number of programs if you are within five of it (e.g. you will never see “You have 19 out of a possible 25 active programs in this account”, but you will see “You have 20 out of a possible 25 active programs in this account”)
- Bug fixes and styling improvements
Magento connector release
Yes, a new Magento connector version has also been released today, featuring some great new functionality. Check out the release notes over at http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/email-marketing-dotm...
We've also upgraded and tweaked several other features including:
- In the surveys and forms tool, a change was introduced to make pages non-interactive when viewing a response in reporting - however this was also preventing use of the page's scrollbar, meaning lengthy pages couldn't be viewed in their entirety; this has now been removed
- When you copy a campaign, you are now given the option to rename it and put it in a folder (rather than just calling it 'Copy of $CampaignName$')
- An issue has been fixed that was causing 500 errors when attempting to open some reports
- When attempting to delete some Insight Data, the SMS challenge type wasn’t being triggered as expected; this has now been rectified and deletions can be authorised
- Sorting contacts on a non-unique field in an address book was causing some unusual behaviour when switching between pages; this has been fixed
- An issue has been fixed which could case OAuth2 to fail with a 400 error
- An issue has been fixed which was causing external content to be incompatible with split test campaigns
- The API SendSingleSmsMessage method/operation wasn’t sending when the contact was deleted; it now restores the deleted contact and sends to them as expected
- The geographical queries tool only used to be able to find UK postcodes for contacts that used a space within the postcode format; however, it can now cope with all formats
- Copying a campaign to the template library was creating a campaign copy instead of a template; this has been fixed
- A fix has been implemented to resolve a problem with saving segments to folders
- An issue with viewing the campaigns folder tree has been fixed
- In EasyEditor, the ‘My building blocks’ scrollbar wasn’t working properly but it does again now
- In EasyEditor, it wasn’t possible to create a dynamic content variation based on a numeric contact data field set as ‘is empty/not empty’; this has been fixed
- An issue has been fixed in which an account access challenge was using the incorrect URL scheme for the confirmation link
- A couple of interface layout issues have been fixed in the program builder for the side panel displaying contacts who have reached a node
- After having used the search tool to filter on a folder, subsequently clicking on another folder wasn’t showing any contents for it; this has now been fixed
- The ‘Copy to address book’ action wasn’t working when trying to do so for segments; it does again now
- The ‘Links’ window errors if a link was somehow created with no name or href; this can no longer happen