Scheduled maintenance and upgrade for dotMailer on 11th June 2014 includes the following upgrades and changes:
Program builder update: Trigger enrolment via a scheduled segment
Our latest program builder enhancement involves changes made to the 'Start' node, meaning you now make use of simple or complex segments to enrol contacts into a program.
The 'Start' node control panel interface has been updated and includes the ability to:
- Set enrolment scheduling - occuring daily, weekly, or on a specific date
- Choose to trigger enrolment from either a contact data field or from a segment
- Set enrolment limits on contacts - allowing contacts to enrol just once, multiple times or multiple times as long as they haven't been enrolled in [N] days
It's an exciting change to enrolment capabilities. For more, read 'Configuring program start rules'.
Program builder API methods
We’ve released five new methods to dotMailer’s v2 API (SOAP and REST) for interacting with programs. It is now possible to:
- List the programs in an account
- Get details of an individual program
- Add a single contact to a program
- Add a list of contacts to a program
- Get a progress report on that contact addition
While we are in the early release of the program builder and monitoring performance, these methods are not enabled for all accounts, but can be enabled on request.
When a contact is added to a program they will receive the first campaign in a program (subject to any delays and decisions) within five minutes, rather than waiting until the program's next scheduled execution.
We've also upgraded and tweaked several other features including:
- The segment builder has been updated to prevent the creation of invalid transactional data segments
- A fix has been implemented to prevent a possible error upon the generation of plain text emails
- Campaigns could fail to save whilst waiting for RSS feed results; this has been fixed
- The performance of paging through contacts within the application has been optimised
- There were cases of paused split test campaign sends resuming and then behaving like a normal send, adversely affecting its content and subsequent reporting; this no longer happens
- Under certain circumstances, users were sometimes seeing an error when attempting to view the campaign summary page; this has now been fixed
- A fix has been implemented to ensure ‘Date Removed’ is correct at the time of a shared suppression
- Campaign saving performance speed has been optimised
- Campaign sending performance speed has been optimised
- Validation has been added when attempting to save an account with an invalid email address; previously this resulted unhelpfully in an error
- Our ROI tracking code has been modified to no longer put variables into global scope, which could cause issues