Scheduled maintenance and upgrade for the surveys and forms tool on 3rd June 2014 includes the following upgrades and changes:
We've made data mapping easier!
Data mapping used to need to be 'turned on' in order to map your responses to your contact data fields. However, it's now the case that supported elements - which include text box, email address, dropdown and multiple choice questions - can simply be assigned to data fields at any point in the editing process.
Just click within a supported element when designing your survey in the editor, and you'll find the option to assign it to a data field at the very top of the Configure tab in the left-hand navigation panel.
And if you forget to add an assigned email element to your survey or form, we'll offer to do it for you.
Picking your address book for contacts now takes place when you move onto the second stage of choosing your survey's settings, rather than when in the editor.
Furthermore, you'll notice a refreshed splash page pop-up appears when entering the editor for the first time, mentioning the new assign function. And don't forget, you can always read further about assigning questions to your contact data fields in the support forum.
What's more, you can also check out our <blog> post on it.
We've also upgraded and tweaked several other features:
- You can now limit text box elements to only accept numbers (very useful if you're assigning the element to a 'number' data field)
- Line breaks are now preserved in 'response' emails
- Pop-overs are no longer transparent on iPhones and iPads
- Pop-overs on iOS and Android devices now reposition correctly when the device's orientation is changed
- On session timeout in Reporting, the login ReturnUrl parameter could previously have been wrong. This is now fixed.