Scheduled maintenance and upgrade for dotMailer on 22nd January 2014 includes the following upgrades and changes:
Now you can experiment with our new ROI split testing functionality
You can now pick a split test winner based on the criteria of your ROI markers, although you'll need to switch this experimental version on in your account settings first.
To date, split test winners have always been picked on the highest number of opens or clicks. However, this latest enhancement will be of greater benefit to you if you're an e-commerce user, allowing you to choose winners in accordance with your transactional information collected via our ROI tracking tool (e.g. amount of products bought, total amount spent, etc.)
When accessing 'Configure split testing options' on the 'Select contacts and schedule campaign', a third radio button is now available to select - 'ROI'. Click this, at which point you will need to enter the marker you want to use (spelt exactly as it's used in your ROI tracking) and select the data type of the marker before proceeding.
As we plan to develop this further over the coming weeks, it's only currently being called an 'experimental' version. We'll continue to keep you updated in further upgrades!
New default 'from address' selector
We've changed the default 'from address'. It used to be a clickable green tick which became larger in size when selected to indicate it was the new default. It has now become a radio button to add extra clarity to which 'from address' is your current default.
We've also upgraded and tweaked several other features:
- We've changed the default 'from address' picker from a clickable green tick to a radio button, for added clarity
- We've implemented the latest translation updates for the application interface (French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish)
- We’ve fixed an issue to ensure all deleted links are fully removed from text blocks in EasyEditor
- We've improved the display and layout of localised text within the application
- A fix has been implemented to ensure the inbox preview page allows you to switch between grouped inbox preview clients using the available dropdown
- We’ve introduced a fix for non-UK English cultures that had been experiencing problems with the localisation of the unsubscribe page
- We’ve rectified an issue in which split test and scheduled campaigns sitting in the ‘Outbox’ were showing incorrectly as ‘Date sent: Cancelled’ within reporting
- We’ve updated our API v1 documentation relating to RemoveAllContactsFromAddressBook; this method can’t be used to suppress contacts as stated in the previous version
- A fix has been implemented to ensure split test content maintains the CSS of the original campaign
- We’ve improved the way in which the ‘Links’ dialog in EasyEditor handles accessing the social tools links
- We’ve ensured that focus is already on the campaign name text box when creating a new campaign
- A fix has been implemented to ensure the horizontal survey export reverts to its former layout and format
- We’ve fixed a broken link which was affecting the invoice downloads from the listing page
- We’ve improved instances of error messaging relating to failed imports of transactional data via the API
- We’ve fixed an issue which was adversely affecting the correct order of dates along the x-axis of certain graphs under reports
- We’ve addressed an issue which was preventing the execution of certain types of dynamic content variation rules
- We’ve now upped the previous URL limit of 255 characters to allow for even lengthier social profile links to be added to campaigns in EasyEditor
- A fix has been implemented to ensure the Zendesk live chat pop-up renders correctly
- We’ve improved the performance of accessing contact lists
- We’ve fixed an issue to ensure campaigns’ social sharing links lead to the correct social network sites