Scheduled maintenance and upgrade for dotMailer on 17th July 2013 includes the following upgrades and changes:
Custom building blocks in EasyEditor
Do you often use a collection of elements over and over again when creating your campaigns, wishing you could somehow save them somewhere to simply drag and drop into future campaigns? If the answer is yes, then you'll want to try out our up-and-coming custom building blocks feature!
This gives you the ability to save your own custom building blocks in EasyEditor. It's great if you repeatedly use such elements as custom spacers or custom headers and footers. You can now drag them off your campaign and into the Build tab to save as 'Custom building blocks', allowing you to drag and drop then when creating campaigns in future, saving you time.
This feature is turned off by default, whilst we make it super-amazing. However, we wanted you to be able to start using it now and appreciate the benefits - to get cracking simply turn it on in the My Account section, under Features. We'd love your feedback, too - so share your thoughts with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We're pleased to say we've implemented the latest translation updates for the application interface (French, German, Russian, Portuguese, Italian and Spanish).
We've also upgraded and tweaked several other features:
- We’ve fixed an issue to stop an error message displaying upon the unsubscribing of an already globally suppressed contact
- Image manager’s performance has been improved in order to handle very large amounts of images more efficiently
- EasyEditor now removes dynamic content from the HTML view and provides editing warnings in the code to prevent users directly editing code for dynamic content, as any dynamic content is overwritten upon closing the dialogue window
- We’ve prevented cancelled split test sends from being able to create empty sent address books
- We’ve addressed an issue that was affecting campaign replies not being forwarded correctly
- We’ve optimised Image manager’s multiple file upload performance when dealing with a faulty file
- We’ve fixed a date type data field issue affecting the API, in which it wasn’t returning the correct value yet it was correct in the application
- We’ve fixed an issue in which a broken link to a segment was provided when trying to delete a data field in use by that segment
- We’ve ensured that the reminder to check a campaign with the inbox and spam testing tool doesn’t persist after having used the function
- Managed users can now always enable the clock on their account, and thus can enter a customer service address
- We’ve optimised the date search in Image manager
- Pressing the delete key no longer results in clearing the entire search in Image manager
- We’ve optimised the update of statistics when requesting a campaign preview
- We’ve addressed an issue with the API method SendCampaign, which was leaving cancelled sends in the outbox
- The REST API v2 now shows the correct error message if the Content-Type is not supported and the allowed Content-Type is not set to ‘application/json’ or ‘application/xml’
- We’ve improved the performance of the contact dependencies interface
- Image URL rewriting has been optimised in connection with any legacy image paths
- We’ve improved the scaling of the segments sidebar in the segments query builder after an issue discovered in Chrome
- We’ve improved border alignments and border rendering in the transactional data segment builder