Sending different files to different contacts allows you to personalise your content for each contact.
Note: Before you start, you need access to your company's server.
- Upload all of your different files to your server
- Create a spreadsheet that has two columns of data. One column for the file URLs that link to those files on your server, and another column with the email address to which you want to send the file. Each pair, which consists of a file URL and an email address, must be on the same row.
- In your account, create a new contact data field to store the file URL (let's call it FILE_URL). This contact data field must have a contact data type of 'Text'.
- Upload your spreadsheet
- Map the email addresses to the @EMAIL@ contact data field and map the file URLs to the FILE_URL contact data field
- Create your campaign and add a link
- Set the 'Link (URL)' field of that link to the FILE_URL contact data field
When contacts click this link in your campaign, their unique file downloads from the file URL that you mapped to their FILE_URL contact data field.
Make sure that the file URLs in your spreadsheet do not include 'http://' or 'https://'. One of these protocols will be added to the URL by default. If any of your file URLs include one of these protocols, those file URLs will not work.