You can use contact data fields to send each of your contacts a unique link. This link can go to anything you want. In this example, we're going to explain how to send each of your contacts a unique link to a file, allowing you to control which contacts can see which file.
Note: Before you start, you need access to a server.
- Upload your files to a server
- Create a spreadsheet that has two columns of data. One column for the URLs that link to the files on your server, and another column with the email address to which you want to send the file. A URL and an email address must be on the same row.
- In your account, create a new contact data field to store the URL (let's call the data field FILE_URL). This contact data field must have a data type of 'Text'.
- Upload your spreadsheet
- Map the email addresses to the @EMAIL@ contact data field and map the URLs to the @FILE_URL@ contact data field
- Create your campaign and add a link
- Set the 'Link (URL)' field of that link to the @FILE_URL@ contact data field
When contacts click this link in your campaign, their unique file downloads from the URL that you mapped to their @FILE_URL@ contact data field.
Make sure that the URLs in your spreadsheet do not include 'http://' or 'https://'. One of these protocols will be added to the URL by default. If any of your URLs include one of these protocols, those URLs will not work.