The preview tool is accessed via the Preview button above EasyEditor's toolbar, and from various other parts of the platform.
Clicking it opens a new window to show how your campaign will look, enabling you to switch between desktop, tablet and phone formats.
Tablet and phone previewing is browser-dependentPlease also note that it isn't available in Internet Explorer 9 or below.
Read 'Preview tool' vs 'Inbox testing' for further information on browser-based previewing.
Using the preview tool
You have a number of viewing options running from left to right along the top bar of the campaign preview window.
- Switch between HTML and plain text versions of your campaign
- Toggle images on or off in the HTML version
- Click the personalisation icon to preview a personalised campaign.
You can search for a particular contact by entering their email address, or part of their email address, in the ‘Preview as’ box and clicking Find.
You can click on the Recent button to display the ten most recent contacts you’ve imported and preview each one in turn. This is a great way to see how any personalised contact data fields will look.
- Click the dynamic content icon to preview any dynamic content you may have (this option won't be available if your campaign doesn't feature any dynamic content)
- Click the split test icon to preview your differing split test campaigns (again, this option will not be available if you haven't created any split tests).
Split test previewing is only available when using the previewing tool outside of EasyEditor.
When inside EasyEditor, you can only preview the particular split version of the campaign you're currently editing.
- Switch between desktop, tablet and phone previews, and switch between landscape and portrait views for tablet and phone
Horizontal and vertical scroll bars will appear along the foot and to the right of the preview window respectively, if they're required to view all of the campaign.
You're also able to finger scroll the campaign from within a mobile device.
We've also included keyboard shortcuts for convenience, should you wish to make even speedier use of the preview tool:
- 1, 2 and 3 switch between desktop, tablet and phone previews respectively
- r rotates between landscape and portrait views when previewing in tablet and phone formats
- i switches between images being on and off
- h and t switch between HTML and plain text
- p opens the personalisation preview dialogue window
- d opens the dynamic content preview dialogue window
- Esc closes any dialogue window, including the overall campaign preview window
Please note that tablet and phone previews are only an approximation of how your campaign will look; they don't provide maximum accuracy. If you require more accuracy, then you'll need to make use of inbox testing.
Read 'Preview tool' vs 'Inbox testing' for more details on the difference between the two.