PrerequisitesTo be able to sync contact scoring data to Salesforce, you'll need to meet two requirements:
- Have contact scoring enabled on your dotmailer account, and
- Have dotmailer for Salesforce v2.40 or above
Provided you meet the above prerequisites, and then make the page layout modifications as outlined below, you'll get five new fields for your contacts and leads:
- Overall Score
- Engagement Score
- Suitability Score
- Score Label
- Latest Score Evaluation
Modifying 'Contacts' and 'Leads' page layouts for contact scoring
In both the 'Contacts' and 'Leads' pages layouts, you'll need to do the following in the 'Setup' section:
- In the quick find area, type 'contacts'/'leads', click Page Layouts and then Click on Edit next to the required page.
- Select 'Section' from the 'Fields' area.
- Drag and drop it into the 'Contact Detail'/'Lead Detail' area.
- In the 'Section Properties' box, give the section the name 'Scoring' and then click OK.
- Select the five fields 'Engagement Score', 'Latest Score Evaluation', 'Overall Score', 'Score Label' and 'Suitability Score' from the 'Fields' area.
- Drag and drop them into the new 'Scoring' section.
- Click on the 'Properties' spanner icon, set all of the contact scoring fields to 'Read-Only' and click OK.
This completes the required 'Contacts' and 'Leads' page layout modifications.
Syncing contact scoring
By default, the sync setting will be manual only.
In order to activate contact scoring, you'll need to set it to perform a daily sync. This coincides with the fact that dotmailer itself performs a calculation of contact scoring every 24 hours.
After the first sync is complete, you'll see the new fields populated for your contacts and leads.