dotmailer's scheduled maintenance and upgrade for 15 February 2017 includes:
Launch of dotmailer17one
We're happy to announce the release of dotmailer 17one.
An improved contact view
We've overhauled how you view, manage and edit your contacts. We hope you find it cleaner, friendlier and a lot more digestible!
When you edit a contact, you now go to the 'Manage contact' page which is organised into four tabs - 'Summary', 'Data fields', 'Insight data' and 'Activity'.
- 'Summary' contains all the usual key information about the contact, which includes their default contact data fields and any notes you may have stored against them.
- 'Data fields' contains an alphabetical list of your created contact data fields. These can be organised into folders, plus you can create new contact data fields from here and set an initial value for the contact.
- 'Insight data' enables you to choose from your Insight collections and view any records stored against the contact
- 'Activity' replaces the old contact activity report, allowing you to view campaigns you've sent to the contact, the address books and segments they're in, and programs they've been enrolled in.
Read more in Viewing and editing a contact.
Introducing EasyEditor's new product block (invite-only beta)
If you're an ecommerce user of ours, then we're excited to let you know about EasyEditor's brand new product block, which you can now request beta version access to.
Product blocks enable you to easily add your products to campaigns, as stored in your AccountInsight. You can then arrange and style your block as you desire to best showcase and promote your goods.
Read more in Adding products to your campaign (beta).
PayPal support in EasyEditor
Are you looking to sell directly via your campaigns or landing pages? Then EasyEditor's new PayPal button is for you! Drag it and drop it in (from the 'Content' building blocks section) to take your contacts directly through to the PayPal checkout. You're able to specify the description, cost and other details for the product or service you're selling.
Read more in Adding PayPal payment options to your campaigns.
Schedule your contact imports over SFTP (invite-only beta)
Do you have a lot of contact data to upload? Would you benefit from automated your imports? In which case, you'll be interested in requesting access to our new scheduled contact importer, which we've released into beta today. It allows you make use of our hosted and secure SFTP server to schedule and upload your data, which you connect to after downloading an SFTP client and creating an SFTP user.
Read more in Using the scheduled contact importer (beta).
Shopify connector now available (beta)
We're delighted to say our new Shopify connector is released into beta today, available for download and installation in the Shopify app store.
This simple self-service, plug-in-and-go integration enables you to easily synchronise all of your Shopify customers and subscribers to dotmailer, including your customers' order history. You can enrol them into programs, plus you can synchronise your entire product catalogue into your AccountInsight. This then enables you to segment and target your subscribers, enabling you to make use of EasyEditor's product blocks to promote and sell more of your store's products.
Read more in Shopify connector - Installation and setup (beta).
New OroCRM connector now available
We're pleased to announce the release of a new connector for OroCRM. Built and supported by OroCRM, it's available as a free download from the OroCRM marketplace. It's a self-service install via the Oro package manager, and it's compatible with OroCommerce (their B2B eCommerce platform).
- Advanced personalisation now allows you to output a contact's ID, a campaign's name and a campaign's ID
- We've reintroduced the ability to add auto-responders on the 'Select contacts and schedule campaign' stage. If you're an account that currently uses event triggers, or have used them in the past, the functionality will be kept in place until full retirement of them on 29th March.
- We've added support for the List-Unsubscribe via mailto mechanism in our email headers
- The latest translation updates for the application interface have been implemented (surveys and forms not included)
- Plus around 20 bug fixes